[2023-10-10]Banana Factory AS VO

I had an interview for the Applied Scientist position last year and went through two teams, covering a total of 5 rounds plus a presentation, over the course of two days. The interviews consisted of one round of coding + Leadership Principles (LP), two rounds with two different Hiring Managers (HMs), and one round with the bar raiser, which was solely LP-based.

One HM entertained an extensive range of scientific topics, encompassing various Machine Learning (ML) basics. The different HM involved discussions on ML system design, specially focusing on detecting fraudulent transactions among all transactions listed on the Amazon website. Both instances were common illustrations of ML system design stages.

The bar raiser round was loaded with LP queries. I suspect that this is where I tripped up, as my responses to the LP questions were less effective then.

Please feel free to share more interview experiences as it has been some time since I last participated on this forum and my experiences might be somewhat obsolete.

The above content is collected through the Internet, translated and processed by GPT.