[2023-10-10]🇨🇦Confluent received OA (Online Assessment)

On October 6, I noticed a job opening at Confluent and promptly submitted my application for NG SDE, receiving an OA in the afternoon (presumably, an OA automatically sent without resume review).

The OA lasted a total of 70 minutes and had 2 questions, presumably one easy and one of medium difficulty.

The first question was related to purchasing chairs, and the instructions can be found here: https://www.1point3acres.com/bbs/thread-1006253-1-1.html

The second question involved finding the minimum sum of an optimal middle subsequence in an array. The size of the subsequence was fixed at 3. The relationship between the three selected numbers in the subsequence went as follows: chosen[0] < chosen[1] > chosen[2]. Direct application of a brute force solution O(n^3) only yielded success in some of the test cases. My solution was to locate the smallest values on either side, and then identify the value in the middle that would result in the smallest sum.

Likes are appreciated!

The above content is collected through the Internet, translated and processed by GPT.